What we do
Innovation is the conversion of new ideas into services or products that add value. Without innovation, a company will die. Successfully developing new products and making a profit from them is not easy. Most business processes are designed for efficiency and the elimination of variation.
These processes do not work for the development of new products.
Common problems in product development are:
• It takes too long
• The costs are exceeded
• Disappointing results
• Uncertainty as to whether the right product will be developed
The solution people choose to solve their problems only slows them down.
I can help you improve your product development activities by:
• Explore the goal of the new product development and the road towards it
• Focus on the goal and the important decisions that are needed to reach the goal
• Structure the creative process with a lot of freedom
• Improve cooperation between disciplines and stakeholders
• Test ideas rapidly in order to continue with the good ideas
• Record what has been learned, so that the knowledge developed can be further built upon
A collaboration can start with a low threshold by clarifying your question and objective and identifying whether, where and how we can help in the realization of innovation plans or the improvement of the internal product development process.
Leijenaar Solutions has experience in product development for start-ups, SMEs and various multinationals. We regularly collaborate with other consultants and design/engineering firms. By taking a broad view of the matter, we can often quickly assess the bottlenecks and the opportunities for improvement. We are also a good sparring partner for owners and managers during development programs to discuss opportunities and threats.
We use the Rapid Learning Cycles Framework for development projects with a high degree of uncertainty and high costs of change. RLCf is a method that brings together the effective aspects from different product development methods in a very nicely integrated way. Leijenaar solutions is accredited to teach and apply the Rapid Learning Cycles Framework under license.